So, yesterday was my birthday.* It was a good day. I spent most of it eating food that’s very bad for me and drawing ninjas and cat-girls**. In between those activities, I managed to put together this list of More Things You Should Know About Me.***
1) I Own More Superhero T-Shirts Than Other Shirts. One of the benefits of working from home. Bonus fact: I have three each of Captain Marvel and Iron Man.
2) If You Ever See Me Out Running, There’s An Even Chance I’m Pretending To Be A Giant Robot. Well, how do you get through your workouts?
3) My Favourite Drink Is Whiskey. Straight up. Scotch usually, Lagavulin 16 year old for preference. It pairs as nicely with a handmade creme brulee as with double stuff Oreos.
4) I am Rack-o-saurus. This is my friend’s term for the size of my breasts. I wear a medium in bikini bottoms and an XXL in tops. It’s entirely disproportionate. Upside: I rarely paid for drinks when I was in university. Downside: I have fallen over a lot. I’m top heavy.
5) I am a Dungeon Master. And a Game Master. And a Keeper, and a Storyteller, and all the other names the different gaming systems stick on the person who runs the game and throws horrible things at the PCs. It’s a lot of fun, though I usually prefer playing over running a game.
If I’d taken up the hobby when I was single, it could have worked out well for me. Female DMs are a rarity; female DMs with the aforementioned rack-o-saurus characteristics even more so. I could have dressed in a chain mail bikini and worked nerd bachelor parties.
6) I Really Like Opera. Classical music in general****, really, but opera has a special place in my heart. Or ears. Probably ears.
7) The Only Movie To Make Me Cry Since I Was Five Was Up. I mean, seriously. Have you seen the first nine minutes of that movie?
There you go: seven more entirely useless facts about me. Writing on writing resumes on Monday. In the meantime, I’ve got birthday junk food to finish.
*31. Officially in my thirties now. And it’s awesome.
**Normally I dislike the diminutive ‘girl’ as a suffix, but the character in this case is 17, so not legal age, so girl it is. Otherwise, I would have said I was drawing cat-women.
***Last year’s edition is here. I think this is going to be a tradition.
****Except Mozart. Fuck that guy.
3 thoughts on “Seven Entirely Useless Facts”
Up was fantastic. As good as Elmo in Grouchland and Madagascar. Why are my favorite movies all cartoons (or filmed a long time ago)?
Because most recent movies are remakes of stuff that was crappy to begin with.
Two of my favorite movie script lines are from City Slickers (1989):
“Same day.” “Not today.” Powerful statements. Why use more words when two will do?