It is my birthday. I got a gun and a pit of fire.*
When future generations look back and ask how I got started in super-villainy, point them to this day.
I thought this would be a good opportunity to get to know each other better. Because it’s my birthday and I can do what I want. So here, in no particular order, are random facts I think you should know:
1) I was almost born in an airport. Apparently I saw an opportunity to flee small town life early and tried to take it.
2) I have six tattoos. Only five of which most people have ever seen.
3) I wear a Catholic holy medal in spite of being an atheist. My mother got it for me, and it’s Saint Jude, the patron saint of lost causes. She’s got a sense of humour, my mother.
4) I once got so drunk I thought I’d learned to speak Russian. Which was convenient, since Krys had forgotten how to speak English.
5) When I first met my husband, I was wearing a viking helmet and holding an axe in my teeth. And he still married me.
6) I quit smoking seven years ago this week and there are still days when I would knock someone down in the street for their cigarette.**
7) When I was fourteen, I got stuck in a tire swing at the park and had to be rescued by the fire department. With the jaws of life.
There. Now you have a more complete picture of me. I hope it helps. Or at least constitutes fair warning.
Back to writing on writing on Friday. For today I shoot things and set other things on fire.
*No, seriously. I did. A Sig Sauer pellet pistol and a fire pit. S’mores and BB target shooting=birthday awesome.
**But I don’t. Not yet, anyway.